It’s Okay to Play With Your Food on Valentine’s Day!
There are lots of ways to have some fun with kids on Valentine’s Day. We’ve got a snack idea that’s healthy and easy; a fun game that’s also delish, and a cute craft project for class Valentines that you can make together.
Cupid’s Arrow Fruit Skewers:
- Heart-Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Wooden skewers
Prior to assembly, wash your strawberries and cut out the stems leaving a heart-shaped strawberry. Take a skewer and add ingredients in this order: marshmallow, 4 blueberries, 1 strawberry, 4 blueberries, 1 strawberry. Make sure you skewer the strawberry’s stem side first so it points out like an arrowhead.
Valentine’s Day Tic Tac Toe
Game Supplies Needed:
- Graham crackers
- White Royal Icing
- Hershey Kisses (2 colors)
Here’s a game that everyone wins! Use royal icing to draw a tic tac toe grid on 1 large graham cracker. Give each player a different color of chocolate kisses and play with regular rules. The winner gets to eat the game board or you can play winner-take-all on those delicious candy kisses.
Mariposa Valentine Treats
Craft Supplies Needed:
- Snack-Sized Plastic Zip-Top Bags
- Googly Eye Stickers
- Pipe Cleaners
- Markers or paint
- Treats for the bags
With a little extra effort, your little one’s class Valentines will have tons of personality. These cute treat bags are so easy and fun to make together -- just 5 steps!
- Fill and seal snack-size bags with whatever treats you choose. Some fun Valentine candy ideas include chocolate kisses, candy hearts, or red hots. If candy is not the way you want to you might choose grapes, blueberries, pretzels, teddy grahams or Goldfish crackers. Be sure to fill only about halfway so there is enough slack to pinch the middle later.
- Use Valentine colors to color or paint one clothespin for each treat bag you will make. Let dry if needed.
- Glue googly eyes near the bottom (not the part you pinch) of the pin.
- Pint the bag in the middle and clip the clothespin from the bottom of the bag.
- Fold a 6 in. pipe cleaner in half, clip in the clothespin behind the googly eyes and twist into antenna spirals.
Looking for more Valentine's Day themed Dessert Recipes? Check out this Valentine's Day Dessert Recipes blog!