What better way to spice up your next meal than with this Hatch Chile Relleno Casserole. Full of flavor and spice, it's sure to be a winner in your family. Grab your Hatch Chiles and get cookin'!
- 8 Hatch Chiles (Roasted, peeled, stemmed, seeded and left whole)
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Hatch Chile Powder
- Green onions, sliced for garnish
Not sure how to pick, roast & prep your Hatch Chiles for this recipe? Don't worry! We've got step-by-step instructions here.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly oil a baking dish.
- Lay 4 of the Hatch Chiles in a single layer in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella.
- Repeat with the remaining chiles and remaining cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper until well blended and frothy.
- Pour the egg mixture over the chiles and cheese. Sprinkle the top with the Hatch Chile powder.
- Bake the casserole until the eggs have set, and a knife inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Let stand, uncovered, for about 20 minutes before serving, garnish with sliced green onions.